SURE got the first initial start in Latina America
with three workshops on Urban Biodiversity and
Ecosystem Services in Baranquilla, Medellin
in the photo from left to right:
- Henry Garay Sarasti - Director EcoNat
- Cecilia Polacow Herzog - President SURE Brazil
- Jürgen Breuste - SURE President
- Juana Marino Drews - Instituto Humboldt, Bogotá
- colleague of the Instituto Humboldt
- SURE offers students exciting opportunities of "International SURE Internships" - see SURE trainees
- Call for participants for the Summer School 1-4 July in Salzburg: "Allotment Gardens in European Cities" will start in February 2014. Interested students shall apply with a motivation letter and a full CV until March 31st.
- Call for contributions for the Natureparif Congress 4-5 June 2014 in Paris: "Nature in the city - Health, well-being and adaptation to climate change" in partnership with the Society for Urban Ecology and the Urban Climate Change Research Network. (SURE members will get a 50% - reduced registration fee; the fee will be about 25 Euro/day)
- The first special issue under the banner of SURE has just been published in Urban Ecosystems - the flagship of the SURE. more information
- The report of the Summer School 2013 in Shanghai is online!
- Also in course of the SURE General Assembley during the 1st SURE world congress in Berlin was agreed that unemployed people will be accepted as SURE member with free of cost for one year. The free membership for unemployed people will start from 2014. Unemployed members can apply for a free membership by sending supporting documents (confirmation of job-seekers status) to Martina Artmann (
- The Protocol of the SURE General Assembly in Berlin can be read!
- During the 1st SURE Conference on Urban Ecology in Berlin (July 24-27, 2013) the 1st SURE Working Group ‚Ecocities‘ was founded by Prof. Dr. Jürgen Breuste, Salzburg, Austria, president of SURE.
- The first SURE Newsletter is online!
UPCOMING EVENTS OF THE SURE: